Wednesday, May 16, 2012

#Euro2012 oland's Euro 2012 song draws controversy Poland chose it, and Poland isn’t happy

Poland's Euro 2012 song draws controversy
Poland chose it, and Poland isn’t happy (as always lol). Hip hip for democracy. The song Koko Euro Spoko - sung by a loud chorus of women (age between 32 and 82) from the rural folk band Jarzebina - won a contest for the official Euro 2012 song.This is obviously drawing some controversy, including the theory that it was chosen as a joke because the song is kitschy, unsophisticated and embarrassing. The nation is divided, one half love it and the other hate it. I love it, how about you...?
http://sport.tvp.pl/ Piosenka „Koko Euro spoko" zespołu Jarzębina będzie towarzyszyć piłkarzom i kibicom podczas Euro 2012. Oficjalny przebój drużyny narodowej i szeroki skład reprezentacji Polski na mistrzostwa Europy zaprezentowano podczas koncertu „Hit Biało-Czerwonych" w stolicy. Dołącz do nas na Facebooku! http://www.facebook.com/pilkanoznatvp
+5
3 comments
Ed SienkiewiczMay 9, 2012
I like it!!!
Franz SdoutzMay 11, 2012
Top ten candidates! (They could wear Teletubbies costumes though, but close enough)
This http://youtu.be/G-Qj5FVK5Cg came in 6th in 2003
Add a comment...
Wild wild west #2

This is Warszawa Zachodnia (Western) station. Before the Euro 2012, they are trying to give it a new look. Will they manage to do anything above the ground, I do not know. But the works underground are going pretty well.

#UEFA #Euro2012 #Warszawa #Zachodnia #TransportTuesday
1
+5
3 comments
Marcin PękalskiMay 8, 2012
+1
I was just killing time. ;)
I have spend so many hours at this station .... :P
Annelies KroenMay 8, 2012
+2
Nice way to kill time though!
Add a comment...
Erhan Çimen originally shared this post:
Peter Ernst's profile photo
2
+13
Add a comment...
Nothing else matters #3

I think I am not able to write anything interesting as most of the evening I spend on filling some tax forms. I had several sources of income and I had to combine everything together and pay the taxes. I mean it was the second time in my life when I did it, but I am glad I had some taxes to pay. Otherwise I would mean I had no income. ;)

Regarding the picture, it was taken last Sunday in the centre of Warsaw. There was an even where one could take a picture of a UEFA Euro cup, and take part in some competitions. The girl from the picture was taking a picture of a balloon which looked like the cup - you may see it in on of my earlier posts.

#Warszawa #Euro2012 #UEFA #BlackAndWhite
SE Blackwell's profile photoMark Hooper's profile photo
+10
Marcin PękalskiApr 25, 2012
+1
One more thing, I was standing on a trash can, that is why I am higher than everybody around me. ;)