Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Grand Teton abruptly rising seven thousand feet above the Snake River,



Maricruz Rodiño

8:50 PM  -  Public

QT Luong originally shared this post:
To celebrate National Parks week, I'll be posting an image from different park each day.

Schwabacher Landing, Grand Teton National Park

Among all mountains in America, the Grand Tetons - rocky, jagged, and abruptly rising seven thousand feet above the Snake River, piedmont lakes, and the sagebrush-covered valley of Jackson Hole - remind me the most of the Alps, on the high peaks where I had my first life-changing wilderness experiences that inspired me to become a photographer. Although witnessing the first light of sunrise at this spot was an enjoyable experience, my intuition led me to return at midday. The midday photograph turned out to be my favorite.

#mountainmonday curated by +Michael Russell

Read more about this location and image: http://bit.ly/I63Y4H