Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today I had a VERY Moving post from a friend come across my stream about supporting Ron Paul. I could not share it

Gord Birch

1:06 AM  -  Public
Today I had a VERY Moving post from a friend come across my stream about supporting Ron Paul. I could not share it due to the choice of words used, and the form in which they were used, but I want to say that I totally commend this woman, and I even want to say her name, but won't, because I respect her for putting herself out there, fighting so hard for her country, while others sit on their duff, and let a good man go away, while 2 awful people vie for your Presidency - there is a chance America, and it is time to get off your asses and realize it.

I am just as upset as she is, I am just as bothered, and guess what? I don't live in your country! No! I live north of you, drinking better beer, and growing better weed, and having more freedom, while some guy who said he would give you more freedoms, and stop the wars, and close the Git, has done completely the opposite.

We all sit north of you and wonder if you all are on drugs, and don't see what is staring you in the face, as to how badly your government is bought and paid for, from the lawyer at the top, to the people at the floor. And it doesn't take the corporations, and the banks long, to take care of newcomers.

But you have a real leader on the sideline here, that "Can, and if nominated, WILL win" - a man that has already 35% of your congress that will back him immediately, because there is a lot of dissention in both Liberal and GOP - cause Libertarian is not a republican movement - it is a Movement of Liberty - it is what made you

And it is FUCKING Killing us up here - your bad politics, your bankers and schemers, your poor business practice, your liars and cheaters - you letting your media LIE? All that stuff comes north and wreaks havock on the land of quiet, maple syrup, and beavers.

Seriously - the whole world can see that 4 more years of Obama, will kill America, and a much larger portion of America has to see it - the whole world fights with you - you have to kick out your liars, and this man will do it for you - if he doesn't work, he is still better than either alternative, it seems like a freaking slam dunk??? Call him a 3rd party, a 3rd choice? or a new beginning, but you have to turn the damned door

I made below, from a graphic represented from an earlier speech, and other stuff :) +Moon Wind Photography

+Amid Yousef & +Robby Ball +Jo Sparkles 
Collapse this post
Robby Ball's profile photoAmid Yousef's profile photo
3
+5
Hide comments
Amid Yousef1:10 AM
+1
Hey, I thought you were going to clean it up?...
I will share it because I think you wrote a fantastic RON PAUL support piece and let's pray he will get nominated in TAMPA and NOT be chased aways by the corporation
Craig Froehle1:11 AM
+1
And here I thought libertarians were against coercion.
Tawni Henlin1:12 AM
+3
Yes indeed +Gord Birch. I don't understand the people around me and what they base their decisions on. I am in utter disbelief when I hear someone say that they are picking based on the lesser of two evils. Really?!? There is a choice, we just have to have the GUTS to make it! Sadly most just go with the populace because they don't have minds of their own. 
Craig Froehle1:27 AM
Sorry...letting half the states implode through their own misguided decisions -- what Paul advocates -- will ultimately drag the entire country down. We stand together, or we hang separately. Libertarianism and objectivism are ideologies based on fantasy, short-sightedness, and selfishness. If Paul had half the moral fiber you believe he does, he wouldn't be a rampant racist. And if he was half as smart as you think he is, he wouldn't be a Creationist. <end of line>
Gord Birch1:44 AM (edited)
+Craig Froehle Young man, I suggest that you listen less to mainstream media, and start actually reading, and listening. That man is no more a racist, than I am a young man. I have seen proof of it over and over - this is a man who has stood behind the exact same doctrine - the doctrine called your "Constitution" - for his whole life - not one wobble, Obama has belched on every promise he made, and was a total Flip/Flopper in the Senate, and Mitt is a pancake waiting for another turn of the ladle

Nobody said love him for the rest of your life but when out of 3 men, the best man stands before you, and you staunchly refuse, because it is hard work, and for sure that is it, or you would take the hard work, and truly study about him (I know you have not - as every single person that I have challenged to do that has come back to me a few days later as a supporter)

But I will not coerce, you choose what you choose - I only give you the information, the challenge to learn more, to learn more about the constitution of your own country, and what liberty truly means. 
Expand this comment »
Craig Froehle1:54 AM
Three corrections, Gord:
1) I am anything but young.
2) I don't pay attention to the mainstream media.
3) You said, "Obama has belched on every promise he made," which is patently false. And for hyperbole, it's certainly neither creative nor elegant. Let's review some of his administration's accomplishments, shall we?
• Ended DADT
• Financial reform
• Healthcare reform
• Oversaw the end of Osama Bin Laden
• Ended the war in Iraq
• Orchestrated the end of troop engagement in Afghanistan
• Brought unemployment down considerably
• Saved the American auto industry from collapse
I could go on, but I'm getting tired of typing all this amazing stuff, made doubly amazing given the resistance to doing anything put up by the Republicans (esp. Paul) since he took office.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but, since I'm an American and you're not, only my vote counts in November. ;-) G'night.
Expand this comment »
Gord Birch2:09 AM
+1
You are living in a different world, ok, your not young, and sorry to assume, I don't do that, and I don't place labels, apologize.

I will not debate his credentials, he has failed, he did not close Git, he took more of your Liberties away than any president in your past, the signing of the NDAA was paramount and will be something one day you will look back on gravely I am sure. Unless you have someone come in and repeal that soon? Well who knows, Romney gets in and uses it I might not get to debate with you again? It is real man, and I don't think you have your eyes open.

Your economy sucks? He hasn't put one person in jail for the biggest banking scandal in your governments history, the largest bailout ever, which should have never happened under correct management, not one person has been blamed, fired, or put in jail

He has waiting until the end of his tenure to come out in support of the people he needs for election, a very sad way to run, if you are in favour then, you say it then, and we all know of what I speak.

But you still do not speak to what I say, and can try after your sleep - I said, Obama is taking away your Liberty, even if he fakes you into thinking your getting a good health care system (you are not, I know a good one, I am in it.) another 4 years of borrowing from China, and you are sunk. There is no end in sight, and he knows it, he has not addressed how he intends to EVER pay anything back? you are headed for collapse, and both sides offer "Same old bullshit"

So who cares which side is better

ONLY guy who will break the system, is RP

Fixing it will take 20 years... RP will be there for 4, MAYBE 8? But you need to freaking START!!!!!!!!!

You guys don't get it - SAME OLD will get you SAME OLD - BANKRUPT!
Expand this comment »
Skeaux Sha3:06 AM
Sounds like I need to geaux ROTC... run over to Canada. =)
Not sure what all the fuss is about, I like Ron Paul. Maybe he will win. A few folks around me have said America needs to go separatist for a while to pay off its debts. Not sure about all that but it would be good to get folks working again.
Jo Sparkles9:38 AM
+Robby Ball are you a Libertarian that believes in the constitution and free speech... Or is it that it needs to be in the words you feel are editfying to your soul?  What may be obnoxious to some.. may be just the right medicine to another.. Who are you or anyone to say what should be said and what should not?
Frankly +Gord Birch I love you to pieces and thank you did an excellent way of rephrasing it.. but the original poster was so beaten over it she removed it... What has happened to Liberty people?  Does it not matter as long as it suits YOU?
What doesn't liberty mean to you?
Collapse this comment
Jo Sparkles9:43 AM
+1
Just so that everyone can feel better.. She is gone now... Job well done libertarians who believe in free speech!
Amid Yousef9:55 AM
+1
+Jo Sparkles i like how you stand up for your friends... I hope to earn that honor one day... Peace...BTW...I Never SHARE profanity on my wall... I shared this one... LIBERTY, FREEDOM, NEEDS HER
Jo Sparkles9:58 AM
+1
It's not just a matter of standing up for our friends.. There are no two ways about liberty.. it's all or nothing.. If someone says something that offends you and you can't post it.. don't.. but perhaps those same words might resonate to someone who needed to hear it exactly the way it was posted... FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS EVERYTHING.