Синтра Трамвай "Praia дас Macas" Рикардо Bahuto Феликс Sintra Tram to "Praia das Maçãs" by Ricardo Bahuto Felix Sintra’s electric tram was inaugurated in 1904 in order to overcome the need to connect Sintra to Praia das Maçãs that by then was becoming a popular summer destination. However, with the development of the road and the advent of the car, it lost its importance. Therefore it was abandoned for years. Fortunately, its tourist potential was acknowledged and the decision to rehabilitate it was taken. A huge investment was done in recovery both the carriages and the tracks. With over a hundred years old, Sintra’s electric tram takes on a voyage into the heavenly landscape of the World Heritage Sintra Natural Park. Departing from Estefânia zone, Sintra’s magic tram rocks us gently in a slow pace so that we may enjoy Lord Byron’s Eden, without disturbing the scenery.