Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sunrise over the Grand Canyon

Sunrise over the Grand Canyon

If you’re the sort of person who appreciates experiencing the splendors of our planet, then an item that should be very high on your bucket list would be watching the sun rise over the Grand Canyon. I visited the Grand Canyon for the second time in my life earlier this year and if there is one place where I would go to seek out any form of spirituality, it’d be here. I first visited the Grand Canyon 10 years ago and could barely appreciate it due to a crippling fear of heights. This time around, I certainly had better success but still couldn’t quite bring myself far enough to walk down a bit on the Bright Angel trail. It’s something that I will continue to work on for certain in 2015. Still, the view from the rim isn’t too shabby!

I took this photo with my +Sony a7 and my original Funkbuster, the Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye lens which has since been replaced by the Sony A-mount 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye lens, aka Funkbuster: TNG. Because I had the camera leveled, I was able to remove just about any distortion and present a massive, panoramic view. I also had my beloved rock feet on my +Really Right Stuff TVC-34L/BH-55 tripod, which was critical because they allowed me to get a really good grip in two cracks in the ground. With all the wind that was blowing about, getting a solid grip with your tripod legs is so important to minimize camera vibration and to generally secure your gear from toppling over. Stylization was done by applying a custom-built preset in Lightroom.

Source with more info & links:http://brians.photos/1voGSZz

#GrandCanyon#SonyAlpha#Fisheye#Landscape,#Nature#Sunrise
Read more (36 lines)
31 comments on original post
1
Add a comment...

Robby Ball

Shared publicly  -  8:37 PM
 
 
"A Journey To The Shining Star"
Wisconsin Horizons by Phil Koch.
Lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
http://phil-koch.artistwebsites.com
#sunrise   #landscapephotography  #beautifulpictures   #photography  #naturephotography  
Read more
26 comments on original post
1