Saturday, March 5, 2011

Libya Al-Hurra TV

Run by Citizens of Libya    BENGHAZI - Live   Run by Citizens oLibya


Benghazi is being bombed 11:42p eastern March 18, 2011
Mo, founder of  LIBYA ALHURRA, died that night, Hear message from his wife 
Remember Mohammed Nabbous - known to all as Mo - his mission: to get the news about what’s happening in #Libya out to the world. Mo was the founder of Libya AlHurra TV and was killed this morning while reporting on the attacks from the pro-Gaddafi forces. He provided regular live reports and recordings at this site: http://www.livestream.com/libya17feb I can’t even begin to put to words how much you grew in my heart in such a short space of time. You are in a better place my brother. May God give your wife and family patience and steadfastness during this devastating time. We often followed him, using his info and news in our reporting. Today, when attacks were reported in Benghazi, I was tuned in to his livestream for hours - at some point this morning he said that he was not afraid to die. And in one his first video’s that I saw, he said: “I am not afraid to die, I am afraid to lose the battle.  I feel like i have lost a brother, Libya has Lost one of it's great Leaders of the Revolution (although Mo would probably shout at me for saying that, as he said he was just an ordinary libyan, Who like many ... only asked for freedom. 










Saturday, March 19, 2011  
Mo's chatroom, per his wife's instructions, is still running here http://www.livestream.com/libya17feb

Remember Mohammed Nabbous - known to all as Mo - his mission: to get the news about what’s happening in #Libya out to the world.
Mo was the founder of Libya AlHurra TV and was killed this morning while reporting on the attacks from the pro-Gaddafi forces. He provided regular live reports and recordings at this site: http://www.livestream.com/libya17feb
We often followed him, using his info and news in our reporting. Today, when attacks were reported in Benghazi, I was tuned in to his livestream for hours - at some point this morning he said that he was not afraid to die. And in one his first video’s that I saw, he said:
“I am not afraid to die, I am afraid to lose the battle.”
All day, everyday, we report on deaths around the world - a week ago, when Al Jazeera cameraman was killed in Libya, it forced us to pause for a moment cos the loss was closer to home. With Mo’s death, even though I’ve never met him, I feel like its a loss of someone I knew. 
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. We are told that Mo’s objective in founding Libya AlHurra was to help his countrymen by getting the word out about what is happening in Libya.  
Let us honor this courageous man and help him realize his dream by directing our efforts to get news from Libya out.

Libya Alhurra TV founder Mohammed Nabbous Has Been Martyred 

Mo's Last Broadcast - Heavy battle


Remember Mohammed Nabbous - known to all as Mo - his mission: to get the news about what’s happening in #Libya out to the world. Mo was the founder of Libya AlHurra TV and was killed this morning while reporting on the attacks from the pro-Gaddafi forces. He provided regular live reports and recordings at this site: 


We often followed him, using his info and news in our reporting. Today, when attacks were reported in Benghazi, I was tuned in to his livestream for hours - at some point this morning he said that he was not afraid to die. And in one his first video’s that I saw, he said: “I am not afraid to die, I am afraid to lose the battle.”All day, everyday, we report on deaths around the world - a week ago, when Al Jazeera cameraman was killed in Libya, it forced us to pause for a moment cos the loss was closer to home. With Mo’s death, even though I’ve never met him, I feel like its a loss of someone I knew.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. We are told that Mo’s objective in founding Libya AlHurra was to help his countrymen by getting the word out about what is happening in Libya.  Let us honor this courageous man and help him realize his dream by directing our efforts to get news from Libya out.
Mo's wife Breaking the news


03:54 Mohammed, I can’t even begin to put to words how much you grew in my heart in such a short space of time. You are in a better place my brother. May God give your wife and family patience and steadfastness during this devastating time. 
I am devastated. This should never have happened.I have watched Mo from his very first broadcast on February 17, 2001  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyIyz44oKQQ

Mo was reporting the news to the world on

Begging the world to listen; & he was doing this till the very day he died Here is a link to some of his latest reports ... 18/03/11 Gaddafi forces firing Grad rockets out of Sultan area


I am angry at  "Girrdaffi"!!- and at the world community for acting so slowly. Mo is a martyr now, as are too many before him. He knew the risk He was taking and was willing to run that risk so the world could see the truth. I feel like i have lost a brother, Libya has Lost one of it's great Leaders of the Revolution ( although Mo would probably shout at me for saying that! - as he said he was just an ordinary libyan) -Who like many ... only asked for freedom. I Send My Gratitude and heart felt sorrow to all the Mods and friends on Mo's Channel_ But I Take solice in the fact that Mo would have given his life to see his brothers and sisters free! - He will always be my hero. We must all continue to get the Truth Out! To Mo's brave wife Perditta and all of his family - I pray you find peace. LONG LIVE FEB 17. Feel free to make a donation to the charity he supported (medical supplies to Libya) http://www.facebook.com/LibyanMedicalRelief

Another Tribute to Mo  

3 comments:



n said...
So very saddened by Mo's death. My appreciation to him and his family for their sacrifice. His love for Libya and Libyan people is palpable. May he watch from paradise as Libya gains her freedom.
Patrick Schiffer said...
omg, a hero of the libyan revolution died. too much died. i pray for his wife and wish her very much strength... i will tell everyone in germany of his efforts and his braveness. i've lost a brother in mind although we never met before and he didn't even know me.
Rick Thorngate said...
As a freedom loving American veteran, I know war. Mo was a true hero, risking and giving his life so that others may live in a free nation. I was watching his reports with grave concern for his life. His courage was a role model. I am not a muslim, but I am a human, and I am sure that Allah will welcome him as a true martyr. I pray for his family and for all Libyans. I am ashamed of my country for being so slow to come to the aid of the Libyans. A salaam aleyqum. Peace be unto you.



March 20, 2011 1:17 AM

Live Show Sat Mar 19 2011 03:15:19 PM

Created 10 hours ago on libya17feb
Premium Channel