Friday, March 16, 2012

#bucketlist A Pileus Iridescent Cloud Over Ethiopia Pictured, behind this darker cloud, is a pileus iridescent cloud, a group of water

Rachael Fritchie's profile photo
Rachael Fritchie  -  Jan 8, 2012  -  Public
I've always been a huge fan of pileus clouds, but this definitely tops it. I didn't even know this was possible, and now it's been added to my#bucketList to see!
Earth's profile photoEarth originally shared this post:
A Pileus Iridescent Cloud Over Ethiopia

Pictured, behind this darker cloud, is a pileus iridescent cloud, a group of water droplets that have a uniformly similar size and so together diffract different colors of sunlight by different amounts. This image was taken just after the picturesque sight was noticed by chance by a photographer in Ethiopia.

Image Credit & Copyright: Esther Havens
http://www.nasa.gov/

  -  Comment  -  Hang out  -  Share   -    -  Reply to Author

Hunter Walk

Hunter Walk's profile photo
Hunter Walk  -  Jan 7, 2012  -  Public
My "social networks are designed in a way that cause us to ruin them" is at top of Hacker News. http://bit.ly/w3umCi #BucketList
jonnathanson 13 minutes ago | link. "Imagine Twitter without public follower/following counts..." I suspect it wouldn't work -- due in some part to vanity, and in a large part to the wel...
  -  Comment  -  Hang out  -  Share   -    -  Reply to Author
Aparna Chennapragada's profile photo
Aparna Chennapragada  -  Sharp insights.

Another reason is laziness.

When I start out on a network, I have to create:curate:consume 33% / 33% /33% of my time, to get any value. Too much work. So I do everything possible to get it to the steady state 1%/ 9%/90%.
Jan 7, 2012   
Add a comment...

Vernon Lee

Vernon Lee's profile photo
Vernon Lee  -  Jan 5, 2012  -  Public
I just added to my 'Bucket List', See a real bullfight in Spain.

#BucketList
Forcados are Portuguese-style bullfighters who do not use capes or swords. They rely instead on brotherhood and synchronized steps. They are the boy-band version of bullfighters: They don’t try to kil...
  -  Comment  -  Hang out  -  Share   -    -  Reply to Author